The Wilburn Company is an extraordinary success story that began with an ordinary start. Founded in 1998, Jim Wilburn was a 20 year Air Force veteran who began working in building maintenance mopping floors at night as a second job. After his retirement from the Air Force, Jim began to work full time in janitorial and eventually founded his own maintenance firm, The Wilburn Company (TWC) to provide custodial cleaning services in the mid-Atlantic Region.
In 1999, TWC grew to 50 employees and 1.5mm square feet. From such modest roots, Jim continued to expand TWC. In 2006, Jim’s son, Jimmy Wilburn, took over the reins and oversaw a significant expansion to todays company.
Today, as a GS-42 Green Seal certified cleaner with over 425 cleared employees maintaining over 10 million square feet with a focus on secure facility space, we are dedicated to providing premiere cleaning services that truly meet our clients needs.
- TWC continues to grow as it becomes a major player in the maintenance industry.
- The Company supports our military and is very active in BWI Partnership and Baltimore BOMA.
- TWC supervisors average approximately 10 years of service with TWC and our management staff averages over 11 years of service with TWC and over 25 plus years of custodial experience or combined with customer service positions.
- TWC employees a full time Facility Security Officer to ensure all security issues are handled properly and all employees are up to date with their specific security needs.
- TWC is a strong supporting partner with Hospice of the Chesapeake.
- Jimmy Wilburn currently sits on the foundation board of Hospice of the Chesapeake currently.
- TWC becomes Green Seal certified in 2018.