Veteran Hiring and Employment
What We Believe
At The Wilburn Company, our pride in veterans has always been a core piece of who we are. That spirit originated with our founder, Air Force veteran Jim Wilburn.
Jim joined the Air Force in 1962, serving in Turkey, Okinawa, Fort Meade, and the Pentagon over a 20-year career before retiring in 1982. During his military career, he took a second job mopping floors on a night shift, and after retiring he went into janitorial work full time before founding The Wilburn Company in 1998.
Today, we’re honored to employ the men and women who serve our country’s military.
We know firsthand the benefits that veterans can offer the workforce, and we understand the difficulties that come with moving between military and civilian life.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits
- Foundational skills training
- Company-specific skills training
- Ethics training
- All OSHA safety training
- GS-42 green cleaning training – 12 hours of initial GS-42 to establish a base of quality and custodial expertise, and 24 hours annually of web-based, site-specific, or instructor-led training based on assigned location.
- Additional 24 hours of GS-42 training for management personnel
- An opportunity to serve and protect building residents by cleaning for health
What We Look For:
- Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
- A passion for serving and protecting people
- Hard-working leaders who can bring value to our clients